Health, Safety and Welfare Policy
The Management of Grupo Cooperativo Cajamar understands the fundamental importance of all aspects relating to the health, safety and welfare of people in our organisation. For this reason, we are firmly committed to protecting and enhancing the health and well being of people, promoting safe and healthy work environments, and establishing a system of continuous improvement.
To achieve these objectives, Grupo Cooperativo Cajamar applies and promotes the following basic principles that should govern all our activities:
- Eliminate hazards and reduce risks, through the promotion of health, safety and welfare as a business strategy.
- Continuous improvement of the organisation and working conditions, in services and processes, in relation to all of our activities. That is why our Health & Safety Management System has received the OHSAS 18001:2007 Certification (international standard) (in Spanish) (pdf 936 KB.).
- Foster an atmosphere of consultation and participation among all employees and provide a balance between the demands of work, employees' control over these demands, training, roles and responsibilities, thus encouraging aspects such as motivation, initiative and innovation.
- Go beyond mere formal compliance with laws and regulations, encouraging and promoting other aspects linked to human capital, such as fairness of treatment, respect, recognition and a strong work/life balance.
- Collaborate with public authorities and bodies with regard to occupational health and safety. Encourage our suppliers to adopt the principles of our health and safety policy.
All these commitments of Grupo Cooperativo Cajamar are reflected in our Occupational Health and Safety Policy (in Spanish) (pdf 82 KB.), which encompasses all the entities integrated into Grupo Cooperativo Cajamar, as well as in their areas of influence.