Grupo Cooperativo Cajamar is fully aware that its relationship with different stakeholders is dynamic, resulting from the complexity of today's society and the diverse range of expectations held by citizens, organisations, and institutions. For that reason, we pledge to:
- Identify and analyse the expectations of different stakeholder groups through permanent and on-going dialogue, offering innovative responses to changes and social phenomena as they occur.
- The principles and good practices of corporate governance and the concept of global quality shall guide our relations with different stakeholder groups: members, shareholders and investors, employees, customers, and suppliers.
- The financial and non-financial information provided to members, shareholders and investors shall be governed by the principles of transparency, relevance and opportunity, conveying a true picture of our situation and conduct.
- As for our employees, Grupo Cooperativo Cajamar shall conduct itself in a manner that fosters a good working environment, equal opportunities, diversity, a strong work/life balance, and active management of knowledge.
- In our relations with customers, Grupo Cooperativo Cajamar pledges to provide high quality financial solutions that respond to their interests and needs, fostering financial education and even inclusion, socially responsible investent, sustainable local development, the social economy, and especially the development of the agro-food sector.
- Grupo Cooperativo Cajamar shall guarantee equitable and fair relations with suppliers within a framework of cooperation and loyalty.
- Grupo Cooperativo Cajamar shall develop preventative mechanisms in the area of anti-corruption policy, promoting ethical conduct, respect for human rights, and good tax practices, setting up adequate and opportune mechanisms of compliance and control.
- Communication of Grupo Cooperativo Cajamar's Corporate Social Responsibility shall adapt to the principle of comply or explain, to the principle of tangibility and the principle of comparability in order to convey financial and non-financial information to society transparently, allowing for public scrutiny of our ethical behaviour and our economic-financial, social, and environmental endeavours.
Corporate Social Responsibility policy is the pillar that supports the Ethical Management System of Grupo Cooperativo Cajamar. Its application shall be coordinated by the Ethical Management and Social Responsibility Committee, and supervised by the Board of Directors of the Group's parent bank, Banco de Crédito Social Cooperativo.