A) General legislation governing transparency and protection.
B) Regulations governing transparency and protection for customers of banking services.
- Act 44/2002 of 22nd november (BOE of 23/11/02), regarding measures to reform the financial system.
- Order ECC/2502/2012, of 16th November, regulating the procedure for presenting complaints and claims to the complaints services of the Bank of Spain, the National Securities Market Commission, and the Directorate General of Insurance and Pension Funds.
- Order ECO/734/2004 of 11th march (BOE of 24/03/04) regarding customer service departments and areas in financial entities.
- Act 22/2007, of 11th july governing the remote commercialisation of financial services aimed at consumers.
- Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, of 16th november, which approves the revised wording for the General Act for the Defence of Consumers and Users and other additional legislation.
- Order ECC/2316/2015, of 4 November, regarding information obligations and the classification of financial products.
C) Regulations governing transparency and protection of investment customers.
- Act 16/2009, of 13th november (BOE of 13/11/09), governing payment services.
- Order EHA/1608/2010, of 14th june, regarding the transparency of conditions and information requirements applicable to payment services.
- Order EHA/2899/2011 of 28th october, governing transparency and protection for customers of banking services.
- Circular 5/2012, of 27th june, issued by the Bank of Spain to credit entities and payment service suppliers, governing transparency in banking services and responsibility in the concession of loans.
- Regulation (CE) 924/2009, issued by the european parliament and council on 16th september 2009, regarding cross-border payments in the European Community and repealing Regulation (CE) 2560/2001.
- Order EHA/1718/2010, of 11th june, regulating and controlling the advertising of financial products and services.
- Circular 6/2012, of 28th september, issued by the Bank of Spain to credit entities and payment service suppliers, governing the advertising of banking products and services.
- Act 16/2011, of 24th june (BOE de 25/06/11) regarding consumer credit agreements.
- Royal Decree Act 6/2012, regarding urgent measures to protect mortgage debtors without financial resources.
- Act 1/2013, of 14th May, regarding measures to reinforce the protection of mortgage debtors, the restructuring of debt and social rent.
- Act 2/1994, of 30th march, regarding the subrogation and modification of mortgage loans.
- Royal Decree 2606/1996, of 20 December, regarding credit entity deposit guarantee funds.
- Royal Decree-Act 1/2015, of 27 February, on the second chance mechanism, financial burden reduction, and other measures of a social nature.
- Act 5/2015, of 27 April, on the promotion of business finance.
- Royal Decree-Act 11/2015, of 2 October to regulate fees charged for cash withdrawals from automated teller machines.
- Circular 3/2016, of 21 March, issued by the Bank of Spain, to proprietors of automated teller machines and issuers of cards and payment instruments, regarding information about fees charged for cash withdrawals from automated teller machines.
- Circular 6/2016, of 30 June, issued by the Bank of Spain to credit entities and financial credit establishments, determining the content and format of the document <> and specifying the methodology for calculating risk set out in Act 5/2015 of 27 April to promote business finance.
- Royal Decree-Act 1/2017, of 20 January, regarding urgent measures to protect consumers with regard to floor clauses.
d) Regulations governing transparency and the protection of insured customers.
- Circular 7/2013, of 25th september, issued by the National Securities Market Commission, establishing the procedure for resolving complaints and grievances against companies providing investment services and care consultation in the field of regulated market values.
- Royal Legislative Decree 4/2015, of 23 October, which approved the revised wording of the Securities Market Act.
- Royal Decree 217/2008, of 15th february (BOE of 16/02/08), regarding the legal structure of investment service companies and other providers of investment services, in matters of prices and rates contracts.
- Order EHA/1665/2010, of 11th june (BOE of 23/06/10) which develops sections 71 and 76 of royal decree 217/2008.
- Circular 7/2011, of 12th december, issued by the National Securities Market Commission, in relation to the informative brochure of prices and the content of rates contracts.
- Order EHA/1717/2010, of 11th june, regulating and controlling the advertising of investment products and services.
e) Regional legislation regarding transparency and customer protection.
- Act 50/1980, of 8th october, regarding insurance contracts.
- Act 20/2015, of 14 July, regarding the organisation, supervision, and solvency of insurance and reinsurance providers.
- Royal Decree 1060/2015, of 20 November, regarding the organisation, supervision, and solvency of insurance and reinsurance providers.
- Act 26/2006 of 17th july regarding the brokerage of private insurance and reinsurance.
- Royal Legislative Decree 1/2002 of 29th november, approving the revised wording of the Act Regulating Pension Plans and Funds.
- Royal Decree 304/2004, of 20th february, approving the Regulation of Pension Plans and Funds.
- Act 4/1996, of 14 June, on the Statute of Consumers and Users in the Region of Murcia.
- Act 11/1998, of 9 July, on the Protection of Consumers in the Community of Madrid.
- Regional Legislation in Asturias, Act 11/2002, of 2 December, on Consumers and Users.
- Act 3/2003, of 12 February, on the Statute of Consumers and Users in the Self-Governing Community of the Canary Islands.
- Act 11/2005, of 15 December, on the Statute of the Consumer in Castilla La Mancha.
- Regional Legislation in Cantabria, Act 1/2006, of 7 March, on the Defence of Consumers and Users.
- Regional Legislation in Navarre, Act 7/2006, of 20 June, on the Defence of Consumers and Users.
- Act 16/2006, of 28 December, on the Protection and Defence of Consumers and Users in Aragon.
- Decree 72/2008, of 4 March, regulating complaints and claims forms available to consumers and users in Andalusia and related administrative procedures.
- Act 22/2010 of 20 July passed by the Catalonian Parliament, governing the Consumer Code in Catalonia.
- Act 1/2011, of 22 March, passed by the Valencian Parliament, approving the Statute of Consumers and Users in the Community of Valencia.
- Act 2/2012, of 28 March, on the general protection of consumers and users in Galicia.
- Act 5/2013, of 12 April, on the defence of consumers in the Self-Governing Community of La Rioja.
- Act 7/2014, of 23 July, on the protection of consumers and users in the Balearic Islands.
- Act 20/2014, of 29 December, which modified Act 22/2010, of 20 July, on the Consumer Code of Catalonia, to improve the protection of consumers with regard to loans and mortgages, economic vulnerability and consumer relations.
- Act 2/2015, of 4 March, approving the Consumer Statute for Castilla y León.
- Regional Legislation in Andalusia, Act 3/2016, of 9 June, on the protection of the rights of consumers and users with regard to loans and mortgages taken out on properties.